The 10 Best Toys and Chews For Your Dog
Last week we covered the 10 worst toys and chews for your dog, so in the spirit of this holiday season, we thought we would share a list of the 10 BEST toys and chews for your dog. Heres is our list:
- Kong toys are great entertainment for your dog when you just do not have quite the time to stimulate them. By adding peanut butter or treats to the Kong it forces your dog to use their brain to figure out how to get the goodies out. This can provide stimulation for your dog AND they are made in different strengths to be "indestructible" for all different sizes of dog.
- The Ball Treat Dispenser is a great toy for not only stimulating your dog, but it also allows for slow eater for those dogs that forget to chew their food. The treats for kibble goes into the ball and the dog must roll it around in different directions to get the kibble or treats out. Its also a great way to keep them entertained while you are busy.
- The Chuckit is lots of fun for your dog and easier on your throwing shoulder. It allows you to throw a ball at a farther distance with less strain on your body, keep your dog moving longer and the fun lasting!
- Hide-A-Squirrel is another toy that allows your dog to use their brain as they try to figure out how to get the stuffed squirrels out of the toy log. This is a super fun toy for your dog and quite entertaining to watch!
- A Ball can be a great toy, as long as it is more on the flexible squishy side. Balls can provide lots of fun for both you and your dog.
- The Dogobie is a frisbee like toy toy that flies through the air when thrown. It is made of a softer, yet puncture resistant, material that is tons of fun and can involve the whole family in a fun game of frisbee.
- Puzzle toys are very interactive and mentally stimulating for your dog. They test your dog's memory and recall skills. These are great for keeping your dog thinking.
- No Stuffing Animals are lots of fun with way less mess! They normal have squeakers in them that your dogs senses will love to play with. NOTE: this is a toy that should be supervised to ensure that if the dog manages to get the squeaker out that they do not swallow it, toy should be thrown away if it gets to that point.
- Tug Toys can be lots of fun for you and your dog to play with together. Just be sure that when you say "enough" or "let go" or "no" whatever your command is, that the dog follows. This way the dog is only playing and not testing or challenging your authority.
- Dried Sweet Potatoes are a great chew for your dog because they are completely natural, most with no additives or preservatives. They are a healthy snack for your dog to chew on and enjoy!
Remember that your dog needs lots of not only physical stimulation, but mental as well. Get toys that allow your dog to keep their brain working. This will not only keep them entertained, but it will also tire them out. Have fun playing with your dog!
Tail Wags From.
The CompleteK9 Team!