Things to Know This Easter
With Easter fast approaching, we figured that some Easter fun and safety tips for your dog are in order. This holiday is a great time to spend with your family, ALL of your family. Don't forget to include your dog in family outings whenever possible. They love to be with you so help make this Easter a great one for everyone! Below are a few tips on how to get the most out of your Easter with your four-legged friend!
- The number one rule this Easter is to make sure that your Easter egg hunt is dog friendly and candy/chocolate free. As an alternative put little toys in the eggs or colour real ones and have the kids hunt for those!
- A fun alternative if you'd like your dog to participate in family gatherings, is to great "dog-friendly eggs". Basically, hide a few treats or dog toys or both, around the house or yard for your dog to hunt for. This is a great way to keep your dog involved while at the same time it allows you to get your dog's brain working. Perfect for helping to tire them out!
- Take your family and your dog on a nice spring walk or hike. This will help to involve your dog, get everyone a little exercise, and even make a few memories! pick a new trail or area to explore!
- Make sure that any candy or chocolate is kept up high or put away in a place that is not accessible to your dog. Sugar is terrible for dogs and can give them stomach aches, diarrhea, or nausea. Reminder: the darker the chocolate, the worse it is for your dog!
- Keep your dog in mind at large family gatherings, if you know your dog gets nervous, uneasy, or anxious around crowds, put them somewhere safe or leave them at home (after your hike of course).
Have fun this Easter Holiday and keep your dog stimulated and involved. They love to be with you, so whenever possible include them! Happy Easter everyone and enjoy the holiday!
Tail Wags from the CompleteK9 Team!